I’ve been making these yummy whole wheat pancakes for YEARS. Like 15 or more. They’re fluffy, hearty and in this video, I’m sharing 3 different ways to make them. Which one is your favorite? I can’t choose!
Handy tools for your pancakes:
Electric Ceramic Non-Stick Griddle
Healthy & Delicious Whole Wheat Pancakes
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup cooking oil I prefer olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup milk non-dairy works as well
- Grease & preheat griddle or large frying pan to 350F or medium-low heat.
- In medium bowl, mix together all dry ingredients
- Add wet ingredients and mix till just combined. (It's ok if there are some lumps, you don't want to beat all the air out)
- Use 1/4 cup measuring cup to pour 3 or 4 pancakes on your pan/griddle, leaving space around each to expand.
- Cook 1-2 minutes or until lots of bubbles form and then flip and cook 1-2 minute more or until golden
*Chocolate chip variation: add 1/4 cup of chocolate chips to your dry ingredients, before adding the wet ingredients *Lemon-Poppyseed Blueberry variation: add 1 tsp poppy seeds & 1-2 tbsp lemon zest to the dry ingredients. Add 1/2 tsp vanilla extract and 2 tbsp lemon juice to wet ingredients *Pumpkin variation: add 1 tsp pumpkin spice to dry ingredients. Add 1 tsp vanilla extract and 1/2 c pure pumpkin puree to wet ingredients. Homemade Pumpkin Spice Seasoning 3 tsp cinnamon 2 tsp ginger 2 tsp nutmeg 1 tsp allspice 1 tsp cloves