If you don’t know how to make homemade fruit roll-ups, you’re in for a surprise. They’re so simple to make and super customizable. You’ll wonder why you’ve never made them before!
They’re a great way to use up overripe fruit and much healthier than their store-bought counterpart.
3 Ingredient Healthy Homemade Fruit Roll-Ups
- 2 Very Ripe Bananas
- 1 cup Pureed Carrots
- 1/2 cup Crushed Pineapple
- Put all ingredients in the blender and blend until smooth.
- Evenly spray 2 fruit roll dehydrator trays with cooking spray (Not the trays with the holes)
- Pour 1/2 of your fruit mixture on each tray and spread out with a spatula. Should be about 1/8"-1/4" deep all the way around.
- Put in the dehydrator and dry at 135F for approx. 8 hours or until no longer sticky, checking at 6 hours.
- Once dry, run your fingers gently around the edges of your sheet and remove.
- On a cutting board, cut into 5 even pieces and roll up. Wrap in plastic wrap. Stores at room temperature for up to 5 days.
*I have not tried this in the oven, however after doing some research, it appears that it should work well if you: use a silicone baking mat inside a baking sheet. Spread the mixture evenly on the tray and bake at 200F for 4-6 hours.
If you need more healthy kid-friendly snack ideas, check out these after school snacks: https://youtu.be/KgGNS8JhsFw